Thursday, May 01, 2008

PET PEEVES: COMIC BOOK EDITION....


Let me preface this by telling you that I am not, I repeat, not a comic book reader. I never have been and I never will be. On the other hand I am a big fan of movies and an even bigger fan of movies that are based on comic books. That being said, I have noticed something that "kinda sorta" irritates me.

When Peter Parker obtained "spidey" powers he worked and worked to get those powers under control. He fell of buildings, he broke a lamp and he couldn't keep paper from sticking to his hands.

Two movies later.....In walks or should I say slithers some space goop to conveniently turn our hero into a less colorful Spiderman. A rival photographer gets ahold of it and instantly has all the abilities that took Peter 41 minutes (approximately 4 months) of the movie to figure out. Why did Eddie Brock learn so quickly?

In the Spiderman franchise it appears that all of the villains are able to learn and use there new found powers many times faster than Peter was. Though I think some may argue that Dr. Otto Octavius was under the control of the arms but they would be wrong.

If I had super powers bestowed upon me I would imagine it would take alot of trial and error to figure everything out. I still haven't figured out everything my new car stereo does and there is nothing super about it.

Anything stated as fact was most likely made up.

No comments: