Monday, January 21, 2008

LOOKS LIKE WE'VE MADE IT.....


If you ask most people, I am pretty sure they would say that they had never "Googled" themselves(LIARS). I have and do. Why because I want to know what kind of presence I have on the web, which is very little if you must know. I also "Google" my address, which is not for vanity or curiosity but more for utilitarian purposes. Its just nice to know that someone can easily get directions to or from your house when you don't live in a well known area.
Three years ago on Christmas Eve the wife and I moved into a new neighborhood kind of off the beaten path. The neighborhood itself had only been there for four years at the most. for three years now I have been unable to get or give directions to or from my house in printed form via the Internet. Its not a big deal its just inconvenient to have to type in a nearby address as a starting point for directions. My wife, like you might say who cares. The answer to that question would be, I do! So occasionally I hop on the World Wide Web and attempt to locate my home address .Yesterday I went to Google Maps to "not" see where I live and BAM! there I was. The Morrow family has finally made it. I can now, with minimal effort give people directions right to my front door. I can get directions from my own doorstep all the way to Lowes (hardware not grocery) I can even get directions to my neighbors house though that would be unnecessary and more time consuming that just walking across the street or side yard depending on which neighbor's house I was going to.
Its just an emotional day, thanks Google.


No comments: